Thursday 21 May 2009

Annie's Ghostly Grave



In November 2008 I took my 3 week old daughter up to Annie's grave.
I had found out that buried in Annie's grave were 2 of her small children.
Edward Barker died 1909 aged 1 year old.
Mary Barker died 1912 aged 1year 1 month.
I named my daughter after Mary and Annie.
Her name is Maryanna.
On this day a few strange occurrences happened.
The first one was a photo that was taken while i was sitting on the side of the grave with my daughter.


This is the picture that was taken.
We seem to see Annie's ghost holding her 2 babies on the headstone.
We have looked at all the other photos taken on the same day and the image only seems to appear in just this one photo.



This is the photo, after looking at it I traced around what the shadow was.


It appears to be Annie holding her 2 babies.


*The 2nd thing that happened was that my friend went to the car and the car doors locked themselves. Locking her into the car.


*The 3rd thing was while looking around the grave i found an old key that was sitting right next to the grave that had been uncovered by some heavy rain we had previously had.

This is the key. It looks very old to me and it had been there for long time with the amount of dirt it was covered in.
Later that day I had a phone call from Young Tom whom I had been searching for, for such a long time.
Coincident? Maybe but it was a very strange day indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I am taking a group of of schoolgirls from Bathurst to Belgium in June. I am very interested in the story of the Barker boys and would appreciate making contact with you. I would like to publish a couple of your photos in the tour handbook and would appreciate copies of the images.
Would you be kind enough to contact me at:
yearbook@mkc.nsw.edu.au
Many thanks
Robert Newton

For They Did Not Die In Vain..........

The Barker Family Crest
This site is © Copyright John William Barker & Jeffrey Lewis Barker 2007-2018



All Rights Reserved




Additional help with research is Peter J Williams